JAC Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdown #192 – July, Week #1

Go down

Smackdown #192 – July, Week #1 Empty Smackdown #192 – July, Week #1

Post  John Greatrix Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Daniel Bryan’s music hits and he comes out to the stage and the crowd erupts. Bryan makes his way to the ring and grabs a mic. Bryan: “On July 17, 2011, I won the Money in the Bank briefcase for the Smackdown Brand. Almost 7 years later, for the Smackdown Brand, I won this prize once again. I dedicate this win to my wife, Brie and my daughter, Birdie. After years of medical issues, having to retire and fighting to get back in this ring, this has been one of the greatest victories of my career. For the next year, I will be watching every title match and following every champion. I will cash this briefcase in and take the title from whoever I face.” The crowd starts doing the “Yes” chant as we go to commercial.

The Coffey Brothers (Joe & Mark Coffey) vs. Breezango (Tyler Breeze & Fandango)
The Coffey Brothers are making their CWA debut and appear to want to prove themselves. They attack Breezango as the bell rings. Mark hits Fandango with a Powerbomb. Joe comes out of nowhere and hits Breeze with a spear. Joe hits Breeze with a Discus Lariat as Mark hits Fandango with a Discus Elbow. The Coffey Brothers look at each other then Joe locks in the Boston Crab on Breeze as Mark applies the Cloverleaf on Fandango. Both men tap out immediately.
Winners: The Coffey Brothers

Tommaso Ciampa is backstage with Charly Caruso. Charly: “Tommaso, a few weeks ago, you cost Johnny Gargano his spot in the Smackdown Money in the Bank match at the pay-per-view. Why?” Ciampa: “Charly, Johnny Gargano is beneath me. He doesn’t have a fraction of the talent that I have. Yet, for some reason, everyone seems to like him. Because of this popularity, he was chosen over me to face Daniel Bryan. That should’ve been me. I would of beat Daniel Bryan and ultimately won the briefcase. Next week, I start my path to a title shot.”

Zack Gibson vs. Roderick Strong
When the bell rings, Gibson runs across the ring and hits the un-expecting Roddy with a European Uppercut. Gibson starts stomping Roddy in the corner as the crowd cheers him on. These two men go back-and-forth for 20 solid minutes. Roddy hits a Jumping Knee Strike that staggers Gibson. Roddy goes into the ropes again but is met with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex. Gibson tries to lock in The Shankly Gates (Grounded Top Wrist Lock) but Strong slips behind Gibson and hits a Half Nelson Backbreaker. Roddy picks up Gibson and hits The End of Heartache (Suplex Toss Double Knee Backbreaker) and goes for the pin, 1...2...3.
Winner: Roderick Strong

After the match, The Velveteen Dream comes out and stares down Roderick Strong as we go to a commercial break.

When we come back from the commercial break, William Regal appears on the Titan Tron. Regal: “As everybody saw at Money in the Bank, Los Ice Creams was somehow able to survive and win the Tag Team Battle Royal and are the new number one contenders. At our next PPV, Vengeance, on July 29, Los Ice Creams will get their title shot at the Tag Team Titles as they take on The Kings of Wrestling, Cesaro and Kassius Ohno.”

Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate) vs. AC/DC (Arik Cannon & Darin Corbin)
All four men go all out for 25 minutes. Both teams have had the upper hand but could not put their opponents away. Corbin runs at Bate but is lifted onto Bate’s shoulders. Bate starts spinning in an Airplane Spin. After 10 rotations, Cannon tries to break it up but is caught by Bate as well. Bate starts spinning again, this time executing an Airplane Spin on Corbin and a Giant Swing on Cannon simultaneously. Seven picks up Cannon and tosses him out of the ring. Seven locks in a Full Nelson on Corbin. Bate hits the ropes and Moustache Mountain hits their Rebound Lariat/Dragon Suplex Combo. Seven covers Corbin, 1...2...3.
Winners: Moustache Mountain

John Greatrix

Back to top Go down