JAC Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nitro #196 – January, Week #4

Go down

Nitro #196 – January, Week #4 Empty Nitro #196 – January, Week #4

Post  John Greatrix Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:59 pm

Charles Offord starts the show off in the ring.  Offord: “Tonight is another night of Royal Rumble Qualifying Matches as the Royal Rumble is only a few days away.  The men are looking strong once again as Nitro is defending its Royal Rumble crowd.  The women have some work to do, especially after their poor showing from last year.  I wish everyone luck tonight and know that I expect Nitro to be represented well in this year’s Royal Rumbles.  We have a reputation to uphold in these events.  To show how serious I am about this, I will be part of this year’s event and have every plan on winning it this year.”

Nia Jax vs. Kairi Sane (Women’s Royal Rumble Qualifier)
There comes a point where you have to wonder who creates these matches.  Tonight, Sane has done everything in her power to win this match but she just can’t seem to gain the upper hand.  Jax on the other hand, has been throwing Sane around like a rag doll whenever she feels like it.  Sane hits the ropes then hits Jax with a dropkick.  Jax doesn’t move and Sane hits the mat hard.  Jax appears to be done playing with Sane and hits a leg drop then goes for the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner: Nia Jax

Jojo is in the back with Keith Lee.  Jojo: “Keith, tonight you have the chance to be in the Royal Rumble and compete for a chance at any title of your choice.  How important is it to win this event?”  Lee: “Not only do you get to compete for any title you want, but you get to compete at Wrestlemania.  That in itself is worth fighting for.  Tonight, I earn my place to fight at Wrestlemania and it will be for the World Title.”

Keith Lee vs. Kofi Kingston (Men’s Royal Rumble Qualifier)
Kingston is a former Royal Rumble winner and has been giving it to the much larger Lee for a fair portion of the match.  Kingston may be older but he’s still extremely quick and able to keep Lee on the defensive until Lee manages to grab Kingston in midair and slams him to the mat.  The rest of The New Day react to Kingston being slammed to the mat and begin to cheer him on.  Kingston is slow to his feet and eats a clothesline for his trouble.  Lee hauls Kingston to his feet and hits him with The Ground Zero (Death Valley Powerslam) then roughly goes for a cover, 1…2…3.
Winner: Keith Lee

Renee Young is in the back with John Cena.  Renee: “John, tonight you face James Ellsworth to qualify for the Royal Rumble.  Do you go into this match with any regard for James Ellsworth?”  Cena: “In this business, you can’t take anyone for granted.  James may not be the biggest, strongest of highly thought of as a wrestler but anyone can beat anyone on any given day.  Unless you are James Ellsworth, then you are pretty much a write off.  Who am I against tonight?  Oh right, it’s James Ellsworth.  Yeah, the poor guy is in for a rough night.”

John Cena vs. James Ellsworth (Men’s Royal Rumble Qualifier)
As predicted, Cena has beaten Ellsworth like few we have seen.  Ellsworth is motionless on the mat with Cena sitting in the corner when we return from commercial break.  During the commercial break, Ellsworth was climbing to the top when Cena charged him, forcing Ellsworth to jump at Cena who caught him on his shoulders and hit an AA.  Cena didn’t go for the cover and instead walked to a corner and proceeded to sit.  Ellsworth is very slow to his feet.  Once there, Cena grabs him and hits another AA and goes for the cover, 1…2… but just before 3, the lights go out.  When they turn back on, Cena is down with Ellsworth covering him.  The ref realizes this and starts the count, 1…2…3.
Winner: James Ellsworth

After the match, when Ellsworth is announced the winner and his arm is raised, he can’t believe it and celebrates in only a way James Ellsworth can.

John Greatrix

Back to top Go down