JAC Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nitro #194 – January, Week #2

Go down

Nitro #194 – January, Week #2 Empty Nitro #194 – January, Week #2

Post  John Greatrix Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:24 pm

The show starts with Paul Heyman in the ring.  Heyman: “Ladies and Gentlemen, I am out here tonight to inform each and every one of you that whoever wins the Royal Rumble will be sorely disappointed if they decide to face my client after winning the Royal Rumble.  Kelly Khaos wasted her opportunity not too long ago.  So, I implore everyone to learn from her mistake and don’t throw away an opportunity this company grants you by challenging Braun Strowman for the CWA World Title.  It’s simple math.  People plus Braun Strowman equals a loss.  This is a certainty that cannot be disputed.”  Suddenly, R-Truth appears on the stage to a surprising pop.  R-Truth: “Your client better be concerned about this Rumble.  I am a former Royal Rumble winner and as a result I will be in this year’s Rumble which means, I will be the winner.”

Zack Ryder vs. Curtis Axel (Royal Rumble Qualifier)
The first of the Royal Rumble qualifiers is underway and Ryder has taken a more aggressive approach to tonight’s matchup.  Ryder is on top of Axel landing blow after blow until the ref jumps in to break it up.  Ryder is given a warning and then jumps on top of Axel once more to land blow after blow until the ref is forced to break it up once more.  Ryder is pulled away from Axel with the ref giving him a verbal scalding.  Ryder brushes it off and grabs Axel who appears completely out of it.  Ryder connects with a right that appears to wake Axel up.  Ryder lands another blow that does faze Axel who then starts to hulk up.  Ryder is completely confused by this and connects a third blow.  Axel shrugs off the blow and points to Ryder with the crowd yelling “YOU!”  Axel then lands three punches and whips Ryder into the ropes where he hits a Big Boot then goes for The Atomic Leg Drop.  The crowd chants along as the ref starts the count, 1…2…3.
Winner: Curtis Axel

Jojo meets Curtis Axel in the ring after his match.  Jojo: “Curtis, that was an impressive win and congratulations on being the second Nitro member to enter the 2019 Royal Rumble.  But I have to ask, where do you go from here?”  Axel: “Well let me tell you something, Jojo.  All day long people have been asking me that question.  As I sat in the locker room listening to other wrestler talk about what they would do if they won the Rumble it dawned on me.  I have a chance to win this and then face anyone I choose.  So I brought out the big guns and my A game brother.  With all that said, there’s only one question left to ask the other 29 competitors….whatcha gonna do?  Whatcha gonna do when the largest arms in the business and Axelmania run wild on you?”

Alexa Bliss vs. Jinny (Royal Rumble Qualifier)
Bliss has had her way with Jinny the entire match.  Jinny attempts to fight back only to be shut down and DDT’d to the ground for her troubles.  But Bliss doesn’t go for a cover right away.  Instead, she proceeds to mock Jinny before hauling her to her feet and hits another DDT then goes for the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner: Alexa Bliss

Renee Young catches Alexa Bliss walking to the back.  Renee: “Alexa, people want to know how it feels to be the first Nitro female to enter the Royal Rumble.  Bliss: “There’s nothing special about entering the Rumble, Renee.  If you want something special, then you need to win the entire thing.  Something I intend on doing.  Then, I will challenge Sasha Banks for the title and take what is rightfully mine.”

AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (Royal Rumble Qualifier)
We are 30 minutes into this match and neither man is letting up.  Styles has hit Nakamura with everything he has.  Nakamura has hit Styles with everything he has and neither man is willing to back down.  Styles is in control after we return from a commercial break and hits Nakamura with a vicious diving knee that busts Nakamura open.  Styles appears to check on Nakamura then proceeds to land kick after kick and stomp after stomp to the downed Nakamura before the ref dives in to break it up.  Styles backs up and when the ref is clear, charges Nakamura to hit a version of the Kinshasa and goes for a cover, 1…2… but Nakamura kicks out at the very last moment.  Styles, clearly annoyed by this, starts punching Nakamura repeatedly in his opened up head wound until the ref is forced to break it up yet again.  Styles is showing a mean side tonight as he waits on the outside for Nakamura to get up.  Nakamura is to his feet when Styles leaps and hits The Phenomenal Forearm then goes for the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner: AJ Styles

After the match, Styles continues to beat down Nakamura until security and other referees comes running to the ring.  Cameras fade out showing several people attending to Nakamura.

John Greatrix

Back to top Go down