JAC Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdown #236 – May, Week #2

Go down

Smackdown #236 – May, Week #2 Empty Smackdown #236 – May, Week #2

Post  John Greatrix Thu May 09, 2019 12:11 am

The show starts with John Greatrix’s music hitting as he makes his way to the ring and grabs a mic. Greatrix: “3 days ago at Backlash, Baron Corbin retained the Million Dollar Title against me after kicking me in the groin. I think we all knew Baron Corbin wasn’t man enough to defeat me but I expected a little more than a low blow. I had him...” Greatrix is interrupted but Bobby Lashley’s music. Lashley comes out to the stage with a mic. Lashley: “John, shut up and stop your whining. If you want to get to my boy Baron, you’re going to have to go through me first.” Lashley tosses the mic and heads to the ring.

John Greatrix vs. Bobby Lashley
When the bell rings, Greatrix rushes across the ring to attack Lashley but is met with a shoulder tackle that sends him to the canvas. Greatrix is giving up size and a considerable strength difference. Lashley tosses Greatrix around the ring for a few minutes before Greatrix ducks a clothesline and reverses into Tiger Suplex for a 2 count. Greatrix goes on the offence for a bit. After a Michinoku Driver followed by a Running Senton, Greatrix gets another 2 count. Both men are to their feet when Lashley goes for the spear out of nowhere but Greatrix telegraphs it and connects with a Bicycle Knee Strike. Greatrix locks in The Picton Cloverleaf and forces Lashley to tap out.
Winner: John Greatrix

After the match, Baron Corbin comes out on the stage with a mic. Corbin: “John, that was an impressive win but unfortunately, I don’t care about your win/loss record. No matter what you do, I’m not giving you a title shot.” John Greatrix jumps out of the ring and chases Corbin to the back.

Charley Caruso is backstage with Anarchy. Charley: “Anarchy, last week you managed to pull off the win against a former champion in Jinder Mahal and some people are saying it might be an upset. How do you respond to the people that doubt you?” Anarchy: “Charley, people have doubted me my whole life. I have proven in the last few weeks that I can hang with anyone and I will keep proving it. Later tonight, Noam Dar takes on TJP. I want the winner of that match next week. If I can win that match, I want a title shot at Ricochet’s Cruiserweight Title.”

Noam Dar vs. TJP
This is a fast, high impact match for the first 10 minutes. TJP hits The Three Amigos followed by The Michinoku Driver and goes for the pin but only gets a 2 count. TJP goes for The Detonation Kick but Dar slips out the back. Dar tries to whip TJP into the corner but it is reversed. TJP goes for a running knee in the corner but Dar moves to avoid it. Dar goes to the corner across the ring, runs across and hits The Nova Roller (Running Enzuigiri). Dar covers TJP, 1...2...3.
Winner: Noam Dar

Cathy Kelley is backstage with Marcel Barthel, Fabian Aichner and Walter. Cathy: “Marcel, a few nights ago at Backlash, the three of you attacked Dominik Dijakovic and gave his Trios Title to Walter. What happened?” Barthel: “Cathy, Dominik is a decent competitor and definitely helped us grab these titles but he was lacking in some areas. Now, take Walter. There is nothing that this man is weak at. This man is one of the most dominant men in this company. Moving forward, you can refer to us as Imperium.”

Matt Riddle vs. Robert Roode
After 10 minutes of back-and-forth, Roode hits a Spinebuster and gets a 2 count. Roode goes to the second rope and when Riddle gets to his feet, Roode hits a Blockbuster. Roode goes for The Glorious DDT but Riddle reverses it and hits a Deadlift Gutwrench Suplex followed by The Bro-ton (Running Senton). Roode pulls himself up with the ropes. Riddle goes for a Bicycle Kick but Roode pulls the ref in the way. Riddle stops and avoids laying out the ref. Roode uses the distraction to roll up Riddle and puts his feet on the ropes as the ref counts, 1...2...3.
Winner: Robert Roode

Roode rolls out of the ring and heads up the ramp as we see Riddle in the ring in disbelief. The cameras fade out on Roode laughing at Riddle.

John Greatrix

Back to top Go down