Smackdown #197 – August, Week #2

Go down

Smackdown #197 – August, Week #2

Post  John Greatrix on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:12 pm

The Undisputed Era’s music hits as Roderick Strong and Adam Cole come out to the stage then make their way to the ring. Roddy grabs a mic. Roddy: “At Vengeance, I defeated The Velveteen Dream in the middle of the ring, 1...2...3. Then, people have the audacity to think and say that I can’t beat him without cheating. Well tonight, I will prove once again that I can beat anyone at any time. Velveteen, get your ass out here for your beating.” Velveteen Dream’s music hits and he comes out to the ring.

Roderick Strong vs. The Velveteen Dream
Velveteen goes on the attack immediately and takes it to Roddy. Dream hits a pair of hip tosses followed but an armbar to keep Roddy grounded. After 20 minutes, Roddy has gained the advantage after Cole grabbed Dream’s leg, Roddy hits an Olympic Slam then a belly-to-back suplex then goes for a pin, 1...2... but Dream kicks out. Both men are to their feet and start trading punches. Roddy goes for a haymaker but Dream ducks and gets behind him. Adam Cole jumps on the apron to distract the ref. Velveteen Dream runs Roddy into Cole then rolls him up for the pin, 1...2...3.
Winner: The Velveteen Dream

We go backstage to Alicia Atout with Lacey Evans. Alicia: “Lacey, over the last few weeks you have looked very impressive. What is next for you?” Lacey: “Alicia, this is only the beginning. I am here to show everyone who Lacey Evans is and what I can do. I am going to run through the women of this company and take the title from whoever has it.”

Andrade Cien Almas vs. Mark Wheeler
Andrade goes into full throttle as soon as the bell rings. Andrade hits a running forearm that knocks Wheeler into the corner. Andrade hits a Running Double Knee Strike to the cornered Wheeler. Andrade pulls Wheeler to his feet and hits the Hammerlock DDT. Andrade leisurely covers Wheeler, 1...2...3.
Winner: Andrade Cien Almas

After the match, as Andrade is taunting the crowd, Sheamus appears out of nowhere and hits Andrade with The Brogue Kick. Sheamus stands over the laid out Almas as we go to commercial.

We return from commercial to Charly Caruso with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Charly: “Sami and Kevin, last week you beat Joe Hendry and Travis Banks. Do you think you deserve the next title shot?” Owens: “Charly, we should have had the next shot in the first place but we keep getting screwed out of our shot. But we will keep beating whoever gets in front of us until we get that shot.”

Bray Wyatt vs. Adam Rose
Adam Roe puts up a little bit of a fight but Bray Wyatt controls a good majority of the match. Wyatt hits a running crossbody block. After 15 minutes, Wyatt hits a standing side slam followed by a running senton. Bray loos to end the match and hits Sister Abigail. Wyatt covers Rose, 1...2...3.
Winner: Bray Wyatt

After the match, Wyatt continues to beat down Rose as he starts stomping him. Wyatt hits another Sister Abigail. Matt Riddle runs to the ring and comes face-to-face with Bray Wyatt. The lights go out and when they come back on, Wyatt is on the stage and laughing. Riddle smiles and stares down Wyatt as the show ends.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down