Smackdown #196 – August, Week #1

Go down

Smackdown #196 – August, Week #1

Post  John Greatrix on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:55 pm

The show opens as The Kings of Wrestling’s music hits and Cesaro and Kassius Ohno make their way to the ring. Cesaro grabs a mic. Cesaro: “3 days ago at Vengeance, we retained out titles by making quick work of Los Ice Creams only to be immediately attacked by Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Those 2 hacks thought it would be a good idea to attack the best tag team on the planet.” Ohno: “Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, you have made a terrible mistake. When we finally get a hold of you, and we definitely will, you are going to understand why they call us ‘The Kings of Wrestling’.” Cesaro: “However, we’ll have to wait. Earlier tonight, we talked to William Regal and he has decided to put you two in a match. And if you lose that match, you will be out of the running for any title match. Good luck boys.”

Lacey Evans vs. Alexia Nicole
Lacey uses her size and strength advantage to dominate Alexia for the entire match. After 10 minutes, Lacey hits a Big Boot and makes the cover but only gets a 2 count. Lacey picks up Alexia and tosses her into the ropes. Alexia ducks a clothesline and counters with a Crucifix pin but only gets a 2 count. Alexia hits a Hurricanrana then climbs to the top rope. Alexia goes for a Diving Forearm but Lacey counters with The Woman’s Right (Straight Right Hand) and lays Alexia out cold. Lacey covers Alexia, 1...2...3.
Winner: Lacey Evans

Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas and Zelina Vega are walking backstage when they are stopped by Alicia Atout. Alicia: “First of all Andrade, congrats on the European Title win at Vengeance. Second, what are you going to do now that you are the champion?” Vega: “Alicia, my business partner will do whatever he wants and whatever it takes to keep this title. And in reality, he doesn’t have to do anything. All of those other competitors in the locker room are going to have to compete with each other to determine who is worthy of taking on Andrade Cien Almas.” Sheamus walks on screen. Sheamus: “Slow your roll there fella. I still have a rematch that I will invoke when the time is right. Just know that I am always around.” Sheamus walks off camera as Vega and Almas are visibly angry.

Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs. Joe Hendry & Travis Banks
Hendry and Banks keep the pressure on for the first few minutes of the match as they understand what happens if they get the win. Hendry hits a belly-to-belly suplex on Zayn followed by a Running Senton from Banks. Banks gets a 2 count. After 15 minutes, Banks goes for The Slice of Heaven (Disaster Kick) but Zayn ducks and Banks hits Hendry. Zayn spins Banks around and hits a T-Bone Suplex into the corner. Zayn whips Banks into the opposite corner and hits The Helluva Kick. Banks drops in the corner and Owens hits a Cannonball. Owens picks up Banks and hits the Pop-Up Powerbomb. Owens covers Banks, 1...2...3.
Winners: Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

Roderick Strong is backstage with Charly Caruso. Charly: “Roderick, you managed to get the win over The Velveteen Dream at Vengeance but it wasn’t without help from your Undisputed Era stable mates.” Roddy: “Charly, I am ‘The Messiah of the Backbreaker’. I don’t need anybody’s help. The rest of The Undisputed Era came down to view the match and were rudely greeted so they had to get involved. If Velveteen wants another match, I’d be glad to oblige next week.”

Matt Riddle vs. Shelton Benjamin
Benjamin starts the match with his college wrestling skills that takes Riddle off his game. After 20 minutes of back-and-forth, Riddle hits a Pump Kick then hits The Bro To Sleep. Riddle tries for the cover but Benjamin kicks out at 2. Riddle picks up Benjamin for a Fisherman Buster but Benjamin reverses it into a T-Bone Suplex. Benjamin waits for Riddle to get to his feet. Benjamin goes for a Superkick but Riddle reverses it into a Powerbomb. Riddle rolls Benjamin back onto his knees and hits a Bicycle Knee Strike. Riddle goes for the cover, 1...2...3.
Winner: Matt Riddle

After the match, Bray Wyatt appears on the Titan Tron. Bray: “Matthew Riddle, I want to open your eyes so you can see the truth. I want to cover your mouth so you can tell no more lies. You know life ain't always fair man. I always thought I should have been my father's favorite but I wouldn’t. Instead, he just threw me away like a piece of trash. But it's different now. Now, I'm awake. And look daddy, I've got my wings back! And who is it that deserves all that you have Mr. Riddle? Anyone but you man, anyone but you. I mean, you are not fool. You know what I stand for and you know all the horrible things that I'm capable of. In your mind now? You’re in mine. You're caught in the web and my fun, it's just beginning. With no spiders coming out here there will be no distraction Matthew, don't you fight. This is about you and me. The insects that watch us every week are inconsequential. It is me. I am the yin to your yang. I am the darkness to your light. And as long you and I walk this earth, I will be your crown of suffering. You'll never succeed Matthew. I won't let you. Anyone but you, Matthew. Anyone but you. Look to the sky and follow the buzzards. Run." The camera fades on Riddle’s face full of confusion.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down