Nitro #158 – May, Week #1

Go down

Nitro #158 – May, Week #1

Post  John Greatrix on Fri May 04, 2018 8:59 pm

Charles Offord’s music hits with him appearing on the stage and making his way to the ring. Offord: “At Backlash, Anti-Hope was shown that when there are equal numbers, they stand no chance against us. Unfortunately, they had to learn the hard way and this past Smackdown, they showed the entire world that they are cowards and sore losers. Now, normally The Snake Brothers would just beat their asses and move on. Oyster would do what he does best and invite them to a hardcore match and beat them senseless. But Anti-Hope just doesn’t get it and would keep coming until either we are broken and forced to retire or they are broken and forced to retire. So, here is what I propose; Anti-Hope meets us in the ring one last time to settle this feud once and for all.” Samoa Joe’s music hits with the crowd erupting. Joe: “Isn’t this rich. You, a multiple time champion making excuses for your failures. You come out here saying what you would have done in the past fully knowing that you aren’t able to do it now. Maybe you have gotten too old and aren’t capable of doing the job anymore or that cushy executive job has made you fat and soft. Whichever one it is, I suggest you step down, let the main attractions take over and move your old can’t cut it anymore ass to the back!” Offord: “Harsh words from someone who really hasn’t done much in the CWA. That’s what, your first US Title? How many World Titles have you won Joe? IC Titles? Tag Team Titles? If you want to compare accolades we can do that but AJ Styles has invoked his rematch clause for tonight. I would advise that you prepare for that match and we will continue this at a later date.” Joe smirks, throws his hands up in disgust and heads to the back with Offord shrugging his shoulders in the ring.

The cameras are in the back when a car pulls up. Sasha Banks steps out and heads into the arena. Banks heads to her dressing room where she meets up with Asuka who is getting ready to do an interview with Jojo. The two stand face-to-face before Asuka leans in and quietly says “No one…ready…for…Asuka.” Banks smiles, nods her head and then goes to her dressing room as Asuka’s interview starts.

Jojo is backstage with Asuka. Jojo: “Asuka, tonight Jessicka Havok has invoked her rematch clause. How do you beat a monster like Jessicka Havok twice in such a short time?” Asuka: “No one ready for Asuka.” Jojo: “Okay, but what is your game plan for tonight.” Asuka doesn’t answer. She just smiles and winks at Jojo then heads to the ring.

Asuka (c) vs. Jessicka Havok (Women’s Title Rematch)
This is the first of two rematches tonight and Asuka has been taking it to Havok’s legs the entire match. Asuka has landed countless leg kicks to the point that Havok is almost unable to stand. Havok is in the corner holding her left leg when Asuka runs in and hits a dropkick to the left knee of Havok that sends her to the mat holding her knee in obvious pain. Havok, now unable to stand under her own power, is helpless on the mat as Asuka kicks and drops elbows. Asuka then quickly applies The Asuka Lock in the middle of the ring. Havok, with only one good leg, is unable to make it to the ropes and eventually taps out.
Winner and STILL Women’s Champion: Asuka

Renee Young is in the back with Samoa Joe. Renee: “Joe, tonight you defend your newly won US Title against AJ Styles in a rematch from Backlash. Everyone back here is wondering though, why pick a fight with Charles Offord? Joe: “A lot goes on behind the scenes that people don’t see or hear about. When it comes to the executives of this company, they tend to talk tough but can’t back it up in the ring. I’m sick of it and once I dispose of AJ Styles, I’m going to make it my mission to do what Anti-Hope couldn’t and take down this corrupt executive branch.”

Samoa Joe (c) vs. AJ Styles (United States Title Rematch)
We are witnessing another amazing display of ring awareness, technical abilities and flat out determination as both of these men have put on another classic match. AJ has been the aggressor tonight and hasn’t used as many high flying manoeuvres. Instead, he has kept Joe grounded and worked over the legs of the Samoan. Both men are in the corner trading shots as Joe takes control after landing a knee to the mid-section then a few clubs to the back. With Styles on the ground, Joe hits the ropes and lands an elbow. Joe looks to have had enough and hauls Styles to his feet then starts landing stiff jabs and body shots, backing Styles into a corner. Joe lands some vicious knees that leave Styles holding his rips after the ref breaks it up. Styles slowly moves out of the corner still holding his ribs where he eats a clothesline. Joe grabs Styles and locks in The Coquina Clutch. AJ struggles with all of his heart and almost makes it to the ropes before Joe rolls them back into the middle of the ring. AJ goes limp. The ref runs over and lifts Styles’ arm three times then calls for the bell.
Winner and STILL United Stated Champion: Samoa Joe

After the match, Joe grabs a mic. Joe: “You see this people; this is what happens when you get in the ring with Samoa Joe. You get broken in half and put to sleep. Now, if anyone feels the need to challenge me for the US Title, I would remember what you saw here tonight before you make that challenge. If a certain big shot executive wants to come to this ring right now and prove me wrong, well I wouldn’t say no.” Several seconds pass but no one appears on the stage. Joe: “Just like I said people, all talk and no action.” Joe leaves the ring as the show ends.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down