Raw #179 - April, Week #2

Go down

Raw #179 - April, Week #2

Post  John Greatrix on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:41 pm

We start the show with Oyster in the ring with the entire Raw roster surrounding the ring. Oyster: “I’m afraid I have some bad news for everyone. I am stepping away from my duty on Raw. I’ve got some unfinished business with Anti-Hope. I know it looks like John has turned his back on us but I’ve got to be there for Charles. So, as usual while I’m gone, Edge will be in charge. Everyone listen to Edge as he knows what's best for business.” Oyster undoes his Hardcore Belt and lays it in the middle of the ring then leaves.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Fire Ant
The bell rings and Ziggler shoots across the ring but Fire Ant manages to catch the single leg takedown and catches Ziggler with a knee to the face. Ziggler takes a few steps back and Fire Ant follows it up with a dropkick. Fire Ant whips Ziggler into the corner and runs in for a splash but Ziggler moves out of the way and Fire Ant catches the ring post. Ziggler doesn’t waste any time and connects with The Zig Zag and makes the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner Dolph Ziggler

After the match, Ziggler is making is way up the ramp and Dean Ambrose runs down from the back and plants the Intercontinental Championship across the back of Ziggler's head. Ziggler stumbles down the ramp and Ambrose drags him into the ring. Ambrose plants him on the mat with a Dirty Deeds. Ambrose calls for the mic. Ambrose: “What’s wrong Dolph? Did you bite off a little more than you could chew? You brought this on yourself. This ain’t going to be over Ziggler? Not until I get my hands on the smug, extremely punchable face of yours. This championship will always be around my waste and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.” Ambrose throws the mic down, forces Ziggler to his feet and connects with another Dirty Deeds before leaving the ring.

Tajiri vs. Mustafa Ali
As Tajiri makes his way to the ring, The Super Smash Brothers come out from the back and attack Tajiri. They leave Tajiri laying on the ramp and make their way to the ring. Grayson calls for the mic. Grayson: “Sanity, get your asses out here. Last week, we demanded a title shot and you did nothing but come up with reasons why you can’t. Well, we’re making the choice for you. All you have to do is come down to this ring and get your asses kicked.” Sanity’s’ music hits and Alexander Wolfe and Eric Young come out on the stage. Young: “We told you last week, we do as we please and it’s as simple as this, there is only two of you so unless you can find another member there is no way we’re stepping in the ring with you two in fact...“ Eric Young drops the mic as Killian Dain slides into the ring from behind and levels Grayson with a stiff elbow to the back of the head. Uno turns around into a big boot. With both men laid out in the ring, Young and Wolf run down to the ring and the three men continue the beatdown. Dain lifts Uno up and hits The Ulster Plantation (One-Handed Electric Chair Driver) as Young connects with The Youngblood (Wheelbarrow Neckbreaker). Sanity stands tall in the ring as we go to a commercial break.

Cody comes down to the ring. Cody: “Finn Balor, let’s finish this right now. For weeks now you’ve been slithering around backstage attacking The Bullet Club and I’m tired of it. If you think you have what it takes to take this championship from me, get your painted ass down where right now.” Balor’s music hits and the lights go out. When they come back on, Demon Balor is standing behind Cody. Cody turns around right into a Shotgun Dropkick that sends Cody into the corner. Balor bends down and picks up the mic. Balor: “You don’t want a match against me Cody. I’m going to drag you to hell with me. But, here we are. Get a ref down here because that belt is mine.” A ref runs down from the back and calls for the bell.

Cody (c) vs. Finn Balor (Cruiserweight Title Match)
Cody manages to get to his feet and the ref calls for the bell. Balor rushes across the ring and goes for the Shotgun Dropkick again but this time Cody side steps him and Balor crashes into the corner. Cody drags Balor out and connects with The Cross Rhodes and goes for the cover. Balor manages to kick out at a quick 2 count. Cody forces Balor to his feet and whips him into the ropes and connects with a basement dropkick. Cody quickly locks in The American Nightmare. Balor manages to drag himself to the ropes to break the hold but it looks like the damage has been done. Balor tries to get to his feet but his knee gives out on him. Rhodes gets to his feet and hits a second Cross Rhodes and goes for the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner and STILL Intercontinental Champion: Cody

After the match, Cody continues the beatdown on Balor. Kenny Omega rushes down to the ring and joins the attack on Balor. Balor uses the ropes to get to his feet but before he can, Omega connects with The V-Trigger (Kinshasa) and Balor collapses motionless in the ring. Cody and Omega are celebrating in the ring when Omega grabs Cody from behind and connects with The Rain Trigger (Ripcord Jumping Knee) taking Cody off his feet. Cody gets to one knee and Omega connects with The V-Trigger on Cody. Omega picks up the Intercontinental Title and holds it above his head as the crowd explodes in cheers. We go off the air with Omega holding the belt high above his head and laughing to himself.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down