Nitro #147 - February, Week #3

Go down

Nitro #147 - February, Week #3

Post  John Greatrix on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:07 am

Roman Reigns’ music hits and he is greeted with a wave of boos as he heads to the ring. Reigns: “What ya’ll booing at? Are you mad because not only did I beat AJ Styles but secured my spot as the number one contender to Braun Strowman? I did exactly what I said I was going to do. I walked to that ring and punched AJ Styles in the face until he couldn’t continue the match. Now you all want to boo me for that?” Paul Heyman: “Ladies and Gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Paul Heyman and I am the advocate to the reigning, defending, undisputed CWA World Champion, Brrrraun Strowman! If I may, allow me to shed some light on your current situation. The fans here aren’t booing you because of your accomplishments. The fans here are booing you because they simply don’t like you. Let me lay down some facts for you though. You may be the big dog but at Lockdown, you will be stepping into the ring with a monster. And not just any monster, you will be stepping into the ring with a monster that is on top of the CWA. You and Jay Lethal have a few things in common. You both seem to think you have a chance at beating my client. You very well may if my client becomes sick, hurts himself during training, gets hit by a car, misses a flight and the list can go on and on. But I assure you Mr. Reigns that you and Jay Lethal have zero chance of defeating my client once he enters that ring. Mr. Reigns, you are going to work so hard to earn this title shot only to face my client and lose horribly. Braun Strowman is ‘The Man’ in the CWA and he’s going to stay ‘The Man’ until he decides he doesn’t want to be ‘The Man’ any longer.”

Charlotte Flair vs. Nikki Bella
Nikki is looking to continue her comeback against Charlotte who isn’t giving her anything to work with and has her on the ground in a leg bar. Charlotte is looking to work the knee over and so far it’s been pretty successful. Nikki tries to get to her feet after grabbing the ropes to break up the hold but collapses to the ground. Charlotte continues to stomp her knee then waits behind her and hits The Natural Selection, leaving Nikki face down on the mat. Charlotte goes for the cover, 1… but Nia Jax’s music hits with her and Kelly Khaos appearing on the stage and making their way to the ring. Kelly enters the ring and tackles Charlotte. Jax hauls Nikki out of the ring and tosses her against the security barrier. Kelly picks up Charlotte and hits a Powerbomb then the two women leave the ring.
Winner: No contest

Jojo is waiting for Charles Offord when he appears from his office. Jojo: “Mr. Offord, we heard some strong words from both Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman. Do you have any thoughts on Braun Strowman defending his title against Roman Reigns?” Offord: “I haven’t scheduled any such match. Lockdown is over a week away which means Roman Reigns still has to earn that title shot. Roman was lucky to beat AJ Styles as in one out of a million chance. Tonight, Roman Reigns can square off against me and if he pulls off another miracle then I will grant him a title shot. Believe that, Jojo.”

The cameras rush backstage to a brawl that has happened. Charlotte, Nikki Bella and Alexa Bliss have attacked Kelly Khaos and Nia Jax. Jax and Kelly start throwing bodies around with Bliss being tossed into some spectators. Charlotte is thrown hard into some stage equipment leaving just Nikki standing her ground. Jax and Kelly both attack Nikki until security arrives and slowly breaks up the assault. Jax and Kelly are removed while yelling at the women who attacked them.

Renee Young is in the back with Roman Reigns. Renee: “Roman, in order to face Braun Strowman at Lockdown you need to beat Charles Offord tonight. How have you prepared for a match of this calibre in such a short time?” Roman: “I don’t need to prepare for matches; my life has me prepared for each and every match I complete in. Tonight will be no different than last week or the week before. I’m going to walk out there and beat the boss until he can’t move, then I’m going to pin him and get my shot at Braun Strowman.”

Charles Offord vs. Roman Reigns
We return from a commercial break with Offord stomping Reigns in a corner repeatedly causing the ref to cut in and break it up. Offord has been vicious tonight like we haven’t seen in a long time. Reigns has been on the receiving end of some devastating backbreakers that has left him constantly favouring his back. Offord taunts Reigns by slapping the back of his head as he makes his way to his feet when Reigns explodes upwards hitting Offord with a Spear from short range. Both men are down as the ref starts the 10 count. Reigns is to his feet at 7 with Offord up just after. Reigns hits the ropes looking to land a Superman Punch with Offord ducking, kicking Reigns in the gut and dropping him head first on the mat with a DDT. Offord is to his feet, calling for Reigns to get up when suddenly Darren Wadforth and Justin Langley appear from the crowd. The two men are circling the ring when John Greatrix comes running down the ramp and tackles Wadforth. Langley runs over and tackles Greatrix to the ground where the two men team up. Offord is on his way to help when he is hit with a Spear from off camera by Reigns. Reigns slowly crawls to Offord and covers him, 1…2…3.
Winner: Roman Reigns

After the match, Oyster appears with a garbage can full of weapons from backstage and makes his way to the ring. Greatrix is being held by Wadforth and Langley. Oyster walks past them on the outside and slides into the ring. Oyster grabs a metal stop sign from the garbage can and when Offord is to his feet, he slams him over the head leaving him motionless on the mat. Oyster tosses the dented sign away with a smile and grabs a Kendo stick then looks at Greatrix. Oyster slides out of the ring and without hesitation hits Greatrix not once, not twice but three times over the head busting him open and laying out on the outside. All three men raise their hands high as the camera fades on them.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down