Nitro #146 - February, Week #2

Go down

Nitro #146 - February, Week #2

Post  John Greatrix on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:51 am

Brock Lesnar’s music hits and the crowd erupts as he and Paul Heyman appear on the stage and head to the ring. Heyman: “Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman and I am the advocate to the reigning, defending, undisputed CWA World champion Brrrraun Strowman! First, let me clear the air in regards to what Mr. Oyster had to say this past Monday. Jay Lethal will challenge for the World Title at Wrestlemania and as it stands right now, the champion is my client Braun Strowman. My client will be heading to Wrestlemania as the World Champion, make no mistake. But please do not mistake this as some brand pride. My client isn’t doing this for the honour of Nitro or the CWA. My client is doing this because he can and there isn’t anyone in this company that can adequately challenge my client for his title. Jay Lethal will learn this the hard way at Wrestlemania and I promise everyone listening that it will be a lesson learned and a lesson not forgotten.”

Charlotte Flair vs. Carmella
The second the bell rang, Charlotte charged Carmella and hit a vicious big boot that floored Carmella. Charlotte then proceeds to keep Carmella grounded and work on the right leg relentlessly. Carmella is unable to stand on two feet and Charlotte hits a shoulder tackle to the back of her knee that takes her to the mat screaming in pain. Charlotte then locks in The Figure Eight with Carmella quickly tapping out.
Winner: Charlotte Flair

Jojo is in the back with Charlotte Flair. Jojo: “Charlotte, what are your thoughts with the return of Nikki Bella?” Charlotte: “As a fellow wrestler, you have to tip your cap to someone that can return from a possible career ending injury. But, if she thinks that anyone is going to bow to her then she is very wrong. If Nikki crosses my path, she may end up on the IR once again with no chance of returning.”

Charles Offord and Stephanie McMahon are backstage. Stephanie: “Mr. Offord, are you sure that stepping in the ring is a smart idea? I mean, what if you get hurt? You need to think about this logically.” Offord: “A line has been crossed Stephanie and this needs to be dealt with once and for all. When John and I finish with Oyster at Lockdown, we are probably going to have to replace him as the boss for Raw. Oyster has made his bed and now it’s time to sleep in it.”

Renee Young is in the back with Roman Reigns. Renee: “Roman, tonight you continue your path to the World Title at Lockdown. What is your plan for AJ Styles tonight?” Reigns: “Renee my plan is simple and the same plan I use week after week. I’m going out there and I’m going to punch AJ in the face repeatability until he either can’t get up or quits. Then, I’m going to do the same with my next opponent and then Braun Strowman. Renee, you can believe that.”

Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles
Reigns and Styles have put on a solid 25 minute match so far with neither man giving an inch. Styles has the advantage after landing a series of punches followed up with a Pele Kick that floored Reigns. The crowd cheers Styles on as he climbs the ropes and hits a diving splash then goes for the cover, 1…2… but Reigns gets a shoulder up at the last moment. Styles has Reigns on the mat and starts landing punch after punch forcing the ref to step in and break the two men up. Reigns is slow to his feet when Styles jumps him, landing more and more punches until the ref once again breaks them up and gives Styles a warning. Styles is distracted by the ref when Reigns hits him with a Superman Punch that floors Styles. The crowd begins booing Reigns who walks to a corner and awaits Styles to get to his feet. Once AJ is to his feet, Reigns charges and hits a Spear but doesn’t go for the cover. Reigns hauls Styles up, hits the ropes and lands another Spear then goes for the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner: Roman Reigns

After the match, Reigns is celebrating when Charles Offord appears on the stage and makes his way to the ring. Once in the ring, Offord extends a hand. Reigns looks at Offord curiously and attempts to brush past him. Offord pushes Reigns back into the ring and the two men exchange words. Suddenly, Reigns is throwing rights and lefts with not one landing. Offord ducks one right, locks in The Chuck Bottom and plants Reigns back first on the mat. Offord has a few more words for Reigns before Strowman’s music hits and he appears on the stage. Strowman makes his way to the ring. Offord slides out leaving Strowman and Reigns alone in the ring. Strowman walks up to Reigns with a smile on his face then grabs him, hauls him to his feet and tosses him over his shoulder. Strowman hits a Running Powerslam then stands above Reigns and holds the World Title high.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down