Raw #169 - January, Week #5

Go down

Raw #169 - January, Week #5

Post  John Greatrix on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:40 pm

Oyster starts the show in the ring. Oyster: “Last night, John Greatrix and Charles Offord got the best of me, BUT, I also gave them a taste of what I can do as well. First off, Stu Grayson did an amazing job of eliminating Greatrix and Offord. Yes, he had a little help from yours truly but still an amazing job. And Charles, you didn’t watch your back. You see, The Snake Brothers have always been able to count on each other. Well, you’re not the only ones who have someone watching their back. Anti-Hope has chosen a side in this war and I couldn’t be happier. Raw’s doors are always open so if Charles or John want to show up and get beat down, Anti-Hope will be my eyes and ears on Smackdown. As for Nitro, well, I may just have to show up myself and see how things are run. Things are just getting started between the three of us. You may say I started all of this, but I can guarantee you that I will put an end to it. One last thing, boys. You better grow eyes in the back of your heads because you never know when I’ll be there.”

Matt Cross comes out to the ring. Cross: “Last night, Dean Ambrose might have won the match, but I got the last laugh.” We show video footage of Cross hitting Ambrose in the head with the chair. Cross: “Ambrose, it’s funny. You carry yourself like you’re a big tough guy, but last night I showed the whole world that all it takes is a single chair shot and Dean Ambrose crumbles. That championship will be mine. The battle is just starting so you better get ready. This is going to get ugly.” Ambrose’s music hits and he appears on the Titan Tron. Ambrose: “Cross, you got lucky. You caught me off guard with a cheap shot but don’t get too cocky. You can’t keep this dog down. You want to use weapons to get the upper hand? Well, how about this? Next week, you and I can meet in that ring in a Hardcore Match and I’ll show you just how tough I can be.” Cross; “You got yourself a death wish.”

Tyson Dux vs. Dolph Ziggler
As soon as the bell rings, Dux rushing in and takes Ziggler off his feet and goes right to working his legs. Dux goes for a Sharpshooter but as he’s hooking the legs, Ziggler reaches up and hits Dux with a thumb to the eye. Dux stumbles back giving Ziggler time to get to his feet. Ziggler goes for a quick Superkick but Dux ducks under the kick but Ziggler is quick to hit The Zig Zag. Ziggler makes the cover, 1…2 but Dux kicks out at a two count. Dux uses the ropes to help him to his feet. Just as Dux stands up, Ziggler comes charging in with a clothesline but Dux drops down with the top rope in his hands and Ziggler tumbles over the top rope to the outside. Dux follows him out and drives his ribs into the ring apron then follows it up with a belly-to-belly suplex. Dux rolls Ziggler into the ring and sets up for the Death Valley Driver. As he turns around to hit the DVD, Franky TM seems to come out of nowhere and catches Dux with a big boot. The ref calls for the bell.
Winner by Disqualification: Tyson Dux

FTM lifts Dux up by his head and hits The Steiner Screwdriver. As FTM is leaving the ring, Ziggler gets in his way and FTM floors Ziggler with a devastating right hand, laying Ziggler out cold in front of the ring. FTM makes his way to the stage then turns around to take in the destruction left in the ring and laughs as he heads to the back.

Finn Balor vs. Chase Owens
The bell doesn’t even get a chance to ring and Balor charges at Owens connecting with the Shotgun Dropkick sending Owens flying into the corner. Balor starts to stomp a seated Owens in the corner, not giving him any time to defend himself. Balor drags Owens out of the corner and connects with The 1916. Balor climbs up top and hits The Coup De Grace. Balor picks Owens up and tosses him over the top rope and calls for a mic. Balor: “If this is the best you’ve got Cody then consider The Bullet Club dead. I’m going to tear through each and every one of you until I have my hands on that Cruiserweight Title. You better get ready Cody because The Demon is hunting for new victims and The Bullet Club is lined up and ready to be picked off.”

We go backstage to Renee Young. Renee: “I’m here with The Addiction. Boys, why have you requested this time?” Christopher Daniels: “It’s simple, Renee. SSB, Halal Beefcake, The Well Oiled Machines, you three teams have been going on for weeks now saying you’re all the best tag teams on this show. Well, you may have overlooked us but The Addiction isn’t going to stay quiet any longer. Next week, we want to formally challenge the SSB to a match next week and after we’ve taken care of them, the rest of you better pay attention because we’ll be coming for all of you.”

We come back from commercial break to Jay Lethal in the ring. Video clips show from last night of him throwing Hangman Page out of the ring and winning the 2018 Royal Rumble. Lethal: “I DID IT, I won the Royal Rumble. I’ve been having a lot of people ask me what I’m going to do with my title shot. Well, to put it simply, Braun Strowman I’m coming for the World Title. When my friends and family heard what I was planning to do they asked me if I was sure. Yes, yes I am. In my whole career, I never took the easy route and I’m not going to start now. Sure, Strowman is a monster. But, if I don’t try to bring the World Title to Raw, then what’s the point of winning the Royal Rumble. So, at Wrestlemania, I’m coming for you Braun Strowman. I know you’ll be ready and so will I.”

We go off air with the crowd cheering Lethal.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down