Smackdown #169 – January, Week #4

Go down

Smackdown #169 – January, Week #4

Post  John Greatrix on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:42 am

John Greatrix’s music hits and he comes out to the stage and heads to the ring. Greatrix: “Welcome everybody to Smackdown right here in Buffalo, New York. A few days ago on Raw, Oyster got the better of me and I am man enough to admit it. But in 4 days, at the Royal Rumble, I will get the last laugh. There is no way Oyster is winning that rumble if it’s the last thing I do.” Oyster appears on the Titan Tron. Oyster: “John, you are delusional. Once I get in that ring, there isn’t a single person that can stop me. Bring everything you’ve got but you’ll need it.” The Titan Tron fades to black as we go to commercial.

After the commercial break, we go backstage to Charly Caruso. Charly: “I’m here with Solo Darling. Solo, with the women’s Royal Rumble coming up in a few days, are you ready for whoever wins?” Solo: “Charly, I am always training and keeping in shape so whoever wins, I welcome the challenge.”

Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens vs. The Spirit Squad (Kenny & Mikey)
Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens requested to face former tag team champions and The Spirit Squad has answered the call. Kenny and Mikey came out and ran their mouths but Owens and Zayn put a quick halt to that by diving to the floor onto their opponents. Owens tosses Mikey into the ring and the bell rings to officially start the match. After 10 minutes of domination, Zayn tosses Kenny into the corner and hits The Helluva Kick. Kenny drops to his ass and Zayn tags in Owens. Owens hits The Cannonball in the corner then pulls him out and hits The Pop-Up Powerbomb. Owens covers Kenny, 1...2...3.
Winners: Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens

Sebastian Suave’s music hits and he and his manager Anthony Kingdom James make their way to the ring. Kingdom grabs a mic. Kingdom: “My name is Kingdom, Anthony Kingdom James and I am the smartest man that ever lived. I am here representing the man who makes money, the man you can count on, ‘The Endorsement’ Sebastian Suave. We have come out here to this God-awful town to make the biggest announcement you people will ever hear. In 4 days at the Royal Rumble, your winner will be this man, Sebastian Suave.”

We go backstage to Charly Caruso who is with Cesaro. Charly: “Cesaro, last week when The BDK got themselves disqualified, then were beating you down, things didn’t look good for you. But you finally got help in the likes of Kassius Ohno, Aleister Black and Mike Quackenbush. Do you know why those men specifically helped you?” Cesaro: “Charly, I’m assuming that it’s because for years The BDK has been a pain in the ass of professional wrestling and everyone is sick and tired of them. The reason why Ohno, Black and Quackenbush were there to save me is because of our long histories with each other. After last week, I went to William Regal with a request. At the Royal Rumble on Sunday, The BDK will take on Hero, Black Quack and myself in a 4-on-4 elimination match.”

Matt Riddle vs. Bobby Roode
The match starts and both men shake hands. Riddle immediately takes Roode down and uses his grappling superiority to control Roode for a solid 10 minutes. Riddle tries for a Fisherman Buster but Roode fights out and hits a DDT. Roode goes to the second rope and hit a Blockbuster. Roode waits for Riddle to get up and hits a Spinebuster. Roode goes for the cover but Riddle gets a foot on the bottom rope. Roode goes for the Glorious DDT but Riddle spins out and counters with an jumping knee strike that stuns Roode. Riddle picks up Roode and tries to hit The Bro 2 Sleep (GTS) but Roode reverses and hits The Glorious DDT. Roode covers Riddle, 1...2...3.
Winner: Bobby Roode

After the match, Bobby Roode celebrates in the ring as the show goes off the air.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down