Nitro #143 - January, Week #3

Go down

Nitro #143 - January, Week #3

Post  John Greatrix on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:52 am

Charles Offord’s music hits with him appearing on the stage to a barrage of boos as me makes his way to the ring. Offord: “Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight AJ Styles and I square off in a TLC match for the right to enter the Royal Rumble. AJ Styles is one of the biggest names in the wrestling world and it will be a privilege to not only face him, but to beat him 1…2…3 in this very ring. I will not treat AJ lightly though. Everyone knows full well what he is capable of and tonight is going to be a heated battle as there is much on the line. Styles, I know you are listening. Tonight when we meet in the ring, I want you to bring all the skill that has gotten you to where you are as I want your best tonight. After tonight, Nitro will no longer be the place that AJ Styles built but the place that AJ Styles lost. This is my show AJ and tonight I’m going to show you why.”

Jessicka Havok vs. Gail Kim
Kim has used her superior speed and agility to keep the larger Havok off balance. Havok gets a hold of her, backs her into a corner where Havok then proceeds to land blow after blow until Kim collapses in the corner. Kim is lifted to her feet where Havok grabs her and hits not one, but two Powerbombs then goes for the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner: Jessicka Havok

Jojo is in the back with Stephanie McMahon. Jojo: “Stephanie, William Regal announced this past Wednesday that Paige will no longer be competing due to a serious injury. Do you have a reaction for this?” Stephanie: “I am saddened that Paige will no longer be an in ring competitor but she has to look out for her best interest. Bottom line, her health is and should be her main concern and I’m happy she made this call. But on to other matters. The Royal Rumble is almost upon us and I have yet to see anything special from our female athletes. I expect nothing short of a victory this year. The only stipulation this year is that no champions will be in the Royal Rumble which opens it up for anyone to score a career changing victory.”

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Roman Reigns (Royal Rumble qualifier)
Reigns has used his superior strength to keep Nakamura grounded all match. Nakamura hasn’t been able to get in his groove with Reigns always having an answer to everything Nakamura throws at him. Reigns lands a huge big boot that floors Nakamura. Reigns then heads to a corner where he signals for The Spear. Once Nakamura is to his feet, Reigns charges and is greeted with The Kinshasa. Reigns is knocked out and the crowd erupts as Nakamura climbs on top for the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura

Renee Young is in the back with AJ Styles. Renee: “AJ, tonight you are in a TLC match with Charles Offord with a Royal Rumble spot on the line. How do you prepare for a match like this?” Styles: “It’s never an easy time facing someone like Charles Offord. But I’m not just anyone, I’m AJ Styles and we are fighting on Friday Night Nitro, the place that AJ Styles built! We are going into this match and putting everything on the line and when that bell rings I will be announced the winner and will be in the 2018 Royal Rumble.”

AJ Styles vs. Charles Offord (TLC match)
Offord and Styles started the match with a handshake which then turned into both men slugging it out. Offord is on the receiving end of several vicious forearms that stagger him, giving Styles an opening to hit The Pele kick that takes Offord off his feet. 20 minutes go by with each person hitting chair shots, high impact moves and high risk maneuvers with neither person giving an inch. Styles has Offord on the mat when he ascends the turnbuckle. Offord is to his feet and on the turnbuckle quickly. Offord grabs Styles and lands a Superplex which shakes the ring. Both men are slow to their feet with Styles up first. Offord is close behind and lands a vicious right that spins Styles around. Offord grabs and lands a backbreaker then goes for a chair. Styles is on his hands and knees when he takes a huge chair shot to the back. Offord delivers another one and another one leaving Styles crying in pain. Offord then climbs a ladder and jumps for a frog splash but misses as Styles rolls out of the way. Styles is to his feet first, grabs Offord and hauls him to his feet. Offord kicks Styles in the gut and plants him head first with a DDT. Styles looks out of it as Offord grabs another chair. From the crowd, Oyster appears behind Offord, spins him around and lands an Oyster Cutter on the chair. Oyster grabs Styles and puts his arm over Offord, 1…2…3.
Winner: AJ Styles

After the match, Oyster jumps back into the crowd and disappears. The camera returns to the ring with both men having no idea when just happened.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down