Smackdown #157 – November, Week #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smackdown #157 – November, Week #1

Post  John Greatrix on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:03 pm

We start the show with all of the female Smackdown wrestlers on the stage. Solo Darling’s music hits and the new Women’s champion walks past the group of ladies and makes her way to the ring. Solo stands in the middle of the ring with a mic. As Solo is about to talk, the crowd starts a ‘Thank you, Solo’ chant. Solo: “I DID IT. After all the years of training and fighting all comers, I finally have something to show for it. Emma was a great, tough competitor but I had the heart and pulled out the win. All of my friends up there on the stage know that what I’m about to say is true. The titles in this company do not get defended frequently enough. That needs to change and it is going to start immediately with the Women’s Title. Anytime someone wants a shot at this title, you’ve got it. It doesn’t matter if you are a 10 year veteran or it’s your first match. Either way, you’re on. Starting next week, this title will be open for business as I take on...Dana Brooke.” The crowd gives mixed reactions to the announcement as we go to commercial.

Anti-Hope (Mark Snider, Darren Wadforth & Justin Langley) vs. The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) & Jimmy Jacobs
This match goes on for a solid 20 minutes of back-and-forth action. Shelley hits a Superkick on Langley then hits The Golden Gate Swing (Swinging Fisherman Suplex). Shelley tags in Sabin who hits Langley with The Sabilizer (Irish Curse). Sabin tags in Jacobs who looks to hit The Contra Code (Sliced Bread #2). Before he can hit The Contra Code, Wadforth runs in and attacks Jacobs. Wadforth knocks Sabin and Shelley off the ring. Wadforth clotheslines Jacobs over the top rope to the floor and Sabin slides back in the ring. Wadforth ducks a clothesline then picks up Sabin and him and Langley hit All Hope Is Gone (Electric Chair Facebuster/Elevated RKO combo). Wadforth and Langley then hit dual suicide dives to the floor onto Jacobs and Shelley. Snider grabs Sabin and hits The Omeganis Death Drop (World’s Strongest Slam) and goes for the cover, 1...2...3.
Winners: Anti-Hope

Kassius Ohno is backstage with Charly Caruso before his match. Charly: “Kassius Ohno, coming up next, you face your first mystery opponent in your open challenge title defences. Do you have any concerns about who it might be?” Kassius: “Charly, I will never worry about my opponent. I am the greatest of all time and there isn’t a person alive that can take this title from me.” Ohno walks away as his music hits and heads to the ring.

Kassius Ohno (c) vs. ??? (European Title Match)
Ohno makes his way to the ring and waits for his opponent. Music hits and Icarus makes his way to the ring. After 30 minutes, Ohno has had the advantage most of the match but Icarus has managed to survive. Ohno hits a cravate suplex then waits for Icarus to get up. Icarus pulls himself up in the corner. Ohno lines Icarus up and tries to hit The Mafia Kick (Big Boot). Icarus ducks a Mafia Kick (Big Boot) and hits a spear. Icarus is on a roll and looks to get the upset. Icarus hits a Rocker Dropper (Famouser) and goes for the pin but only gets a 2 count. Icarus hits The Wings of Icarus (Pedigree) and tries for another pin but still only gets a 2 count. Icarus picks up Ohno and tries for The Blu-Ray (Corner Death Valley Driver) but Ohno slips out the back and hits a Discus Big Boot. Ohno sits up Icarus and hits a Discus Elbow to the back of his head. Ohno goes for the cover, 1...2...3.
Winner and STILL European Champion: Kassius Ohno

Eddie Kingston vs. Elias (Television Title Match)
When the bell rings, Elias slaps Kingston across the face. Kingston is not happy and hits a Shotgun Lariat. Elias hits the mat and rolls out of the ring. Kingston slides out and chases him around the ring. Elias rolls in the ring and as Kingston rolls in behind him, Elias attacks Kingston. Elias keeps the upper hand for about 10 minutes. Elias hits a pendulum backbreaker then gets a 2 count. Elias locks in a reverse chinlock. Kingston fights out of the hold and hits The Saito Suplex and both men are down. The ref starts his 10 count and gets to 7 before both men are up. Kingston and Elias start trading strikes before Kingston hits another Lariat. Kingston calls for the end. Kingston grabs Elias by the hair to pick him up but Elias pokes Kingston in the eye. Elias tries to hit a Snap Swinging Neckbreaker but Kingston reverses out and counters with The Backfist to the Future. Kingston lands on Elias, 1...2...3.
Winner and NEW Television Champion: Eddie Kingston

After a commercial break, John Greatrix’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring and grabs a mic. Greatrix: “3 days ago, I did exactly what I said I would. I walked into Halloween Havoc and took back my Million Dollar Title once again. I’ve heard all the marks talking about how I had help. The fact of the matter is that I outsmarted Braun Strowman, which isn’t too difficult. I mean, the man is huge and probably the strongest person I have ever met but he is so stupid. I have taken dumps that had more brain power in them. It’s a good thing he is running with Paul Heyman because I’m pretty sure he couldn’t function in society by himself.” Strowman’s music hits and he charges to the ring. Greatrix attacks Strowman as he gets in the ring. Strowman shoves him off and then hits a running shoulder block. Greatrix rolls out of the ring and heads up the ramp. The show closes with Braun Strowman holding the Million Dollar Title in the middle of the ring with John Greatrix yelling at him from the ramp.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top