Smackdown #156 – October, Week #4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smackdown #156 – October, Week #4

Post  John Greatrix on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:15 am

John Greatrix’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring. Greatrix grabs a mic. Greatrix: “Ladies and Gentlemen, we are only 4 days away from Halloween Havoc, and I have to say I’m pretty excited. I mean, what’s not to get excited about? Both the World and Women’s Titles are going to belong to Smackdown. But, we have to get though tonight first. Tonight, the two future champions, Tommaso Ciampa and Solo Darling, will take on Ciampa’s former partner Johnny Gargano and his wife, Candice LeRae. Also, last week I announced that the Television Title would be vacated and we would hold a tournament to determine the new champion. I have changed it up slightly. Tonight, there will be 2 four-way matches and the 2 winners will meet next week for the vacant Television Title. The first of these 2 matches starts right now. Cesaro’s music hits as John Greatrix leaves the ring.”

Cesaro vs. Eddie Kingston vs. Roderick strong vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (Fatal 4-Way Match)
As soon as the bell rings, these four men meet in the middle of the ring and start mouthing off at each other. Kingston starts the fight by hitting a knife-edge chop on Cesaro. Strong and Tanahashi take their fight to the floor. Kingston tries another chop but Cesaro ducks and hits a European Uppercut. Cesaro and Kingston are trading heavy blows. Tanahashi and Strong are back in the ring and have joined the fight. Strong hits Cesaro with a jumping knee as Tanahashi hits Kingston with an enzuigiri. This battle goes on for 20 minutes. Strong and Tanahashi team up to clothesline Cesaro over the top rope to the floor. Kingston tries to attack Strong and Tanahashi from behind but they duck and send Kingston to the floor to join Cesaro. Strong grabs Tanahashi from behind then hits The Lumbar Check. Roddy picks up Tanahashi and tries for a side slam backbreaker (Irish Curse) but Tanahashi slips out and reverses it into a German Suplex. Tanahashi locks in a Cloverleaf on Strong. Kingston hits a Saito Suplex on Cesaro through a table then slides in the ring. Kingston smiles at Tanahashi then hits him with The Backfist to the Future. Kingston pushes Strong out of the ring then covers Tanahashi, 1...2...3.
Winner and advancing to the European Title Match: Eddie Kingston

The lights go out and Anti-Hope appears on the Titan Tron. Snider: “After a few weeks of absence, Anti-Hope will be returning next week to take on any three challengers in the CWA. Step up and get wiped out.” The Titan Tron fades out as Sheamus’ music hits.

Sheamus vs. Carlito vs. Elias vs. Chuck Taylor (Fatal 4-Way Match)
Similar to the earlier Fatal 4-way match, all four men start off by chirping at each other until Carlito spits his apple in Sheamus’ face. This ignites a brawl and all four men start throwing punches. After 20 minutes, Taylor hits The Sole Food on Elias. Taylor turns around into The Brogue Kick. Sheamus lines up Elias who is getting to his feet. Carlito attempts to spit his apple in Elias’ face but Elias ducks and Carlito hits Sheamus. Elias shoves Carlito into Sheamus and they bump heads. Elias spins Carlito around and hits The Drift Away (Rolling Cutter) and goes for the cover, 1...2...3.
Winner and advancing to the European Title Match: Elias

Kassius Ohno gets stopped backstage by Charly Caruso. Charly: “Kassius Ohno, last week you defended your European Title once again making you the longest running champion, not only on Smackdown, but in the entire company. It also appears you were left off the Halloween Havoc card. Do you have any comments on that?” Ohno: “Charly, it’s ok. I don’t mind taking a few more days off. But next week, after Halloween Havoc, to show that I am the greatest of all time, I will start the European Title Open Challenge.” Ohno walks away leaving Charly staring and smiling into the camera.

Tommaso Ciampa & Solo Darling vs. Candice LeRae & Johnny Gargano
Most of this match has been Solo Darling and Candice LeRae fighting in the ring as Ciampa and Gargano started brawling on the outside before the match even started. Ciampa and Gargano fight into the audience. Solo hits a dropkick then hits a running Senton. Solo covers Candice and gets a 2 count. After 15 minutes, Candice has Solo in the corner and is landing chops. Candice runs into the ropes but Solo meets her with a pump kick. Ciampa slides into the ring and hits a running knee on Candice. Ciampa hits a running knee on Gargano as he tries to get back into the ring. Ciampa hits The Project Ciampa (Powerbomb Backstabber) on Candice. Solo picks up Candice and hits The Tail Spin (Swinging Fisherman Suplex) and goes for the pin, 1...2...3.
Winners: Tommaso Ciampa and Solo Darling

After the match, Ciampa and Darling celebrate as the show ends.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top