Nitro #129 - October, Week #2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nitro #129 - October, Week #2

Post  John Greatrix on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:48 am

Stephanie McMahon’s music hits with her appearing on the stage to a barrage of boos from the crowd. Stephanie: “Welcome everyone to Friday Night Nitro!! Last week, I was introduced as Lana’s replacement and that I would be looking after the women’s division. I can say that I will be overseeing more than just the women’s division as I am 10 times more qualified than Lana for this role. Tonight, Roman Reigns challenges Braun Strowman for the World Title and Keith Lee looks to continue his tear on Nitro as he faces MVP. As for the women of this show, tonight will be the first of many breath taking matches that put us on top once again and that match is next.”

Ashley Lane vs. Mandy Rose
Both women stand in the ring ready to square off when the lights go out and Kelly Khaos appears on the stage and makes her way to the ring. Kelly slides into the ring and boots Rose square in the face then lands a stiff right to Lane sending her crashing to the mat. Rose is dragged over to a corner and left on the mat. Kelly climbs the ropes and hits The Red Arrow. Lane slides out of the ring and runs up the ramp only to slam into Nia Jax. Jax tosses Lane onto her shoulders and hits a Samoan Drop on the stage. Kelly is in the ring with a mic. Kelly: “Does anyone think that it was a good idea to leave me out of War Games? This is only the first of many weeks to come of pure destruction and for the record; what you see face down in the ring or face down on the stage is not how the women’s division goes to the top. The women standing are how it’s done.” Kelly leaves the ring and heads up the ramp. As she passes Jax, the two women look back at Mandy Rose face down in the ring.
Winner: No Contest

Jojo is backstage with Keith Lee. Jojo: “Keith, do you have any intention of calling out The Miz tonight?” Keith: “Jojo, I’m going to call The Miz out every night until he comes to the ring and defends that title of his. Once I get done with MVP, we’ll see how manly The Miz is.”

Keith Lee vs. MVP
Lee has been all over MVP from the moment the bell rang. We are 10 minutes in and to our count, MVP has yet to mount a moment of offence as Lee continues his beat down. MVP is trying to mount some kind of offence but keeps getting shut down. Lee has MVP in the corner and lands a vicious clothesline that floors MVP. MVP is hauled to his feet and whipped into the ropes when Lee hits Ground Zero then goes for the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner: Keith Lee

Lee grabs a mic. Lee: “Well Miz, here I am calling you out again. So, what’s it going to be?” Once again several seconds pass without anyone coming out. Lee: “Okay Miz, I’ll do it a different way then. The fans want to see this match, which means it would be best for business. So, I’ll just go and ask the powers that be to make it official.”

Renee Young is in the back. Renee: “Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome my guest, Roman Reigns. Roman, last week we heard Braun Strowman claim that this is his yard now. What are your thoughts? Roman: “It’s funny Renee, Braun gets a fluky win and his confidence soars. I’m here to tell you big man that I’m no John Greatrix or Charles Offord. You can’t push me around that easily and tonight I take one of those titles from you. Believe that.”

Braun Strowman (c) w/Paul Heyman vs. Roman Reigns (World Title Match)
Reigns has been holding his own for 15 minutes now but the strength and speed of Braun Strowman is proving to be too much. Reigns comes off the ropes for a Superman Punch but is caught midair and Chokeslammed to the mat. Strowman appears to have had enough as he circles Reigns, waiting for him to get up. When he does, Strowman grabs him and hits not one, but two Running Powerslams but doesn’t go for the cover. Charles Offord’s music hits with him appearing on the stage and heading towards the ring. Offord slides into the ring and removes his suit jacket with Strowman holding Reigns arms behind his back. We hear Offord yell “you aren’t best for business, the man behind you is.” Offord nods and Strowman reacts by tossing Reigns onto his shoulders again and hitting another Powerslam then goes for the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner and STILL World Champion: Braun Strowman

After the match, Offord shakes Strowman’s hand, looks over his shoulder to a confused Heyman and leaves the ring. Heyman is clearly confused as he is talking to Strowman who just stares up the ramp as Offord heads backstage.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top