Smackdown #152 – September, Week #5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smackdown #152 – September, Week #5

Post  John Greatrix on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:09 pm

John Greatrix’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring. Greatrix grabs a mic. Greatrix: “This Sunday at War Games, there will be 2 World War 3 matches. After the last few years of Smackdown failing in the Royal Rumbles and other battle royals, this is our time to rise up and finally win one. With that being said, besides the 2 World War 3 matches, each show will also have 2 other matches. I think that I will take that night off and...” Nick Aldis, formerly Magnus in TNA, interrupts Greatrix. Aldis: “Why should you get a night off? Isn’t every night a night off for you? I mean, you barely seem to wrestle and never defend that title. I want a shot at that title tonight.” Greatrix: “You know something Nick, I’ll give you a shot tonight. If you beat me, I’ll give you a title shot at War Games. But don’t get too happy, I’m going to knock that smile off your face. I’m going to teach you to not interrupt me again.” Greatrix and Aldis yell back-and-forth as we go to commercial.

Elias vs. Icarus
Before Elias can sing a new song he wrote for the city of Philadelphia, Icarus comes out to the stage and interrupts him. Icarus: “Elias, I’ve seen you come out here in previous weeks and sing demeaning songs about the city you are in. Well not tonight. You are in my hometown of Philadelphia. You will show more respect than that.” Icarus attacks Elias and the bell rings. Icarus hits a dropkick that sends Elias into the corner. Icarus looks for The Shiranui (Sliced Bread #2) but Elias reverses into a back suplex and both men are down. After 15 minutes of back-and forth action, Icarus hits The Shiranui and looks for a pin but Elias is too close to the ropes. Icarus picks up Elias to hit The Blu-Ray but Elias slips out the back and hits The Encore (Rolling Cutter) and goes for the pin, 1...2...3.
Winner: Elias

Charly Caruso stops Bobby Roode as he is walking through the backstage area. Charly: “Bobby Roode, last week you announced that you would be returning to the ring soon. Are we able to get and updated timeframe for your return?” Roode: “Charly, I’ve been feeling the itch to get back in the ring. I finally struck a deal with William Regal and in 4 days at War Games, the World War 3 match will become......Glorious.” Roode walks away leaving Charly standing with a smile on her face.

We come back from commercial to see William Regal in the ring. Regal: “Over the last few months, Abbey Laith and Sasha Banks have been battling each other and there is clearly an issue between them. With that being said, coming up next, you will see Abbey Laith and Sasha Banks team up to take on Rhea Ripley and Toni Storm. The winning team will go into the Women’s World War 3 match.” Regal drops the mic and heads to the back as the competitors come out for their match.

Sasha Banks & Abbey Laith vs. Rhea Ripley & Toni Storm
Banks and Laith haven’t enjoyed the fact they were put in a team tonight but have reluctantly worked quite well together. After 10 minutes, Banks and Abbey have the advantage. Ripley throws Abbey into the ropes. Abbey ducks a big boot and almost runs into Banks but stops at the last second. Banks and Laith start arguing. Ripley and Storm shove their opponents into each other and the bang their heads together. Ripley grabs Banks and hits a Full Nelson Slam as Storm hits Abbey with Ground Zero (White Noise onto a knee). Storm pins Abbey, 1...2...3.
Winners: Rhea Ripley & Toni Storm

William Regal comes out to the stage. Regal: “Sasha and Abbey, since you 2 couldn’t even get along long enough to finish this match, you will face each other at War Games......in a submission match.”

The lights go out and Anti-Hope appears on the Titan Tron. Snider: “Last week, there was a travesty in the middle of that ring. Anti-Hope was three seconds away from retaining the Trios Titles when all of a sudden, Bray Wyatt decides to stick his nose in our business and cost us the titles. Bray, I am sick and tired of your crap. In 4 days at War Games, I want you, 1-on-1 in a Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match. I’m going to get rid of you once and for all.”

John Greatrix vs. Nick Aldis
The former Magnus looks ready to go. The bell rings and John Greatrix runs across the ring and hits a Yakuza Kick. Greatrix looks like a man possessed. Greatrix hits a Brainbuster then climbs to the top rope and hits a diving leg drop. Greatrix goes for a pin but Aldis is out at 2. Greatrix picks up Aldis and hits a Michinoku Driver then a Shining Wizard as Aldis is getting up. Greatrix picks up Aldis, hits the ropes and nails Aldis with a huge Lariat. Greatrix picks up Aldis and hits a Cradle Piledriver and finally covers Aldis, 1...2...3.
Winner: John Greatrix

After the match, John Greatrix grabs his title and a mic. Greatrix: “Did everyone see that? That is what someone of my calibre does to a former multi-time champion. Braun Strowman, let’s see what you’ve got. At War Games, how about you take on Charles Offord and Myself in a handicap match. If you pin one of us, you win both the Million Dollar and World Title. But if you lose, you won’t get another title shot, at any title, ever again.” Greatrix drops the mic and taunts the crowd as the show ends.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top