Smackdown #149 – September, Week #2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smackdown #149 – September, Week #2

Post  John Greatrix on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:46 pm

William Regal’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring. Regal grabs a mic. Regal: “Last Week, John Greatrix made the huge announcement that at War Games on October 1, we will be having a 60 person, inter-brand World War 3 style match. This is a huge milestone as the last one was held on November 22, 1998. That is almost 20 years ago. The winners of the first 4 World War 3 matches were ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage, The Giant, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. In three and a half weeks, the next winner will join those legends in the record books. But that’s not the main reason I’m out here. In the last week I have had a lot of people come and talk to me with concerns over this match. And to be honest, they were all women that were concerned that they won’t get a fair shot in that match. So, I have made a decision. After a week of deliberation, John Greatrix and I have agreed that at War Games, along with the original World War 3 match, there will now also be an all woman World War 3 match with the winner having a title match at Halloween Havoc as well.” The crowd cheers. John Greatrix’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring as the cheers change to boos.

John Greatrix has the mic. Greatrix: “Thank you, Mr. Regal but I will take things from here.” Greatrix points up the ramp and Regal leaves the ring and heads to the back. Greatrix: “Mr. Regal was correct, there will be a women’s World War 3 match at War Games. We have confirmed that all 3 shows have at least 20 women each so it will be up to the respective GMs to decide who misses out. But before that, we have to deal with something tonight. Last Friday on Nitro, Braun Strowman beat up Charles Offord once again. I know that Charles asked you to be here tonight so in the main event, I’ll see you in this ring.” Greatrix drops the mic and heads backstage.

Rhea Ripley vs. Toni Storm vs. Kay Lee Ray vs. Dakota Kai (Four-Way Elimination Match)
This is a match to showcase some of the unknown talent from The Mae Young Classic and these ladies have not disappointed. These women have hit some high spots, strong style striking and even some grappling spots. After 15 minutes, Ripley and Storm are fighting on the floor. Kay Lee Ray climbs to the top rope and hits a Swanton Bomb onto the 2 ladies on the floor. Ray is the first one up but gets hit by a suicide dive from Dakota Kai. Kai tosses Ray in the ring and hits The GTS then climbs to the top rope and hits a diving double foot stomp. Dakota Kai covers Kay Lee Ray, 1...2...3. Kay Lee Ray is eliminated. Storm slides in behind Kai, kicks her in the gut and hits The Strong Zero (White Noise onto her knee). Toni Storm covers Dakota Kai, 1...2...3. Dakota Kai is eliminated. As Toni Storm stands up after the pin, Ripley hits a running big boot to the back of Storm’s head. Ripley picks up Storm and hits a Full nelson Slam and covers her, 1...2...3.
Winner: Rhea Ripley

The lights go out and Anti-Hope appears on the Titan Tron. Snider: “Ever since the three of us got together to form the alliance known as Anti-Hope, we have been unstoppable. We beat everyone then took the Trios Titles. Since then, we have defended against everyone. We will not be defeated. Next week, we challenge and 3 people out there to try and take our titles. We guarantee that the result will be the same as it always is, Anti-Hope for the win.”

Kassius Ohno vs. Andrade Cien Almas
The European Title is not on the line tonight but these two men are fighting like it is. Since the opening bell rang, Almas has been hitting Ohno from every angle and keeping him off balance. Almas hits a vertical suplex then a jumping knee drop to the face. Almas rolls out of the ring and grabs the European title and hold it high as the crowd disapproves. After a few minutes of an advantage, Ohno has had enough. Ohno blocks a clothesline and locks in a cravate then hits a cravate suplex. Ohno looks to be fired up. Ohno waits for Almas to get up and hits a discus big boot. Ohno picks up Almas and hits The KO (discus elbow) that lays out Almas. Ohno covers Almas, 1...2...3.
Winner: Kassius Ohno

After the commercial break, Braun Strowman is walking through the backstage area when he is attacked from behind by John Greatrix. Greatrix has a lead pipe and is beating on Strowman who still isn’t going down all the way. Strowman seems to be getting angry more than anything else. Greatrix swings the pipe one more time but Strowman blocks it, rips the pipe from Greatrix’s hands and bends it in half. Greatrix grabs a chair but Braun boots it into his face and Greatrix is down. Braun picks up Greatrix and hits a Running Powerslam onto the hood of a car. Braun picks up the Million Dollar Title, lets out a roar and walks away as the show ends.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top