Nitro #122 - August, Week #4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nitro #122 - August, Week #4

Post  John Greatrix on Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:09 am

Charles Offord’s music hits with he and Lana appearing on the stage and making their way to the ring. Offord: “What everyone saw last week is just a taste of what will happen at Summerslam. The match may not be what everyone here wants, AJ Styles versus yours truly, but it will do. Summerslam is about more than the World Title match. My buddy The Miz will be defending his United States Title as well and his opponent will be decided next. Mass Genocide is still looking for opponents so at Summerslam, Mass Genocide will have an open challenge available for the Tag Team Titles. Any person, from any show, can step up. As for tonight, I believe Roman Reigns and I have some unfinished business to settle one-on-one. So without further ado, let’s see who The Miz will be facing on Sunday.”

John Cena vs. Seth Rollins (United States Title Number One Contender)
The Miz is alone near ring side taking this match in as both men have been slugging it out for nearly 25 minutes. Cena seems to be winning over the crowd a little as he has Rollins on the defensive. Cena hits a back drop which sets up The Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena is stalking Rollins as he is slow to his feet. The Miz jumps on the apron and receives a right fist for his troubles which sends him crashing to the mat. Cena turns around, ducks a clothesline and hits The AA then goes for the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner: John Cena

After the match, Jojo meets Cena in the ring. Jojo: “John, now knowing that you will face The Miz at Summerslam for the United States title, do you have anything you want to say before the match?” Cena: “Well, all I know is John Cena always has something to say and tonight is no different. Miz, you are a fake champion and a coward. In two days I step into the ring as a challenger and step out the US Champ. If you don’t like that, then come in the ring and do something about it.” Cena steps back and waves Miz on but he refuses to enter the ring then slowly walks up the ramp, not once turning around to look at Cena.

The cameras follow The Miz through the back and into the parking garage. Miz and Maryse get into a limo and leave The Miztourage chasing after them.

Renee Young is backstage with Roman Reigns. Renee: “Roman, two weeks ago you beat Charles Offord to become the number one contender for the World Title and now the match is a fatal four way. What are your thoughts?” Reigns: “I’m just here to beat people up and win the World Title. It doesn’t matter how many people are in this match as the result is going to be the same. Roman Reigns wins the World Title and as for my match tonight, it just gives me a chance to soften the boss up. Believe that.”

Charles Offord vs. Roman Reigns
Neither man clearly wants to wrestle tonight as this has been a violent, vicious slug fest and nothing else. Reigns and Offord have been busted open from some wild haymakers with Offord on the offence at the moment. Reigns is whipped into the corner hard which is followed up with a clothesline then a back breaker. Offord goes for the cover, 1…2… but Reigns gets a shoulder up. Offord proceeds to stomp him until the ref breaks it up, giving Reigns enough time to get to his feet and hit a Superman Punch that sends both men crashing to the mat. The ref starts his 10 count with Reigns up at 7. Reigns hauls Offord to his feet and begins punching away. Reigns hits the ropes looking for a spear but misses and crashes into the turnbuckle. Reigns stumbles out of the corner right into a Chuck Bottom but Offord doesn’t go for the cover. Both men lay on the mat until the ref’s count hits 8 and Offord is first up. Offord brings Reigns to his feet where Reigns explodes into the air with another Superman Punch but is caught in The Chuck Bottom and planted on the mat, 1…2…3.
Winner: Charles Offord

Shortly after the match, Braun Strowman makes his presence know as he marches to the ring. Offord stands strong but is greeted with a big boot then sends him into the ropes and on the rebound is grabbed. Strowman tosses Offord over his shoulder and hits a Running Powerslam laying him beside Reigns. Strowman stands over both men and roars to the crowd as the camera fades.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top