Raw #146 - August, Week #4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raw #146 - August, Week #4

Post  John Greatrix on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:59 pm

We start the show with Finn Balor in the middle of the ring. Balor: “Last week, I made my return and proved to The Bullet Club that I will not back down from them. Now tonight, I step in that very ring with ‘The American Nightmare’ Cody Rhodes. I just hope he’s ready for the nightmare I’m going to show him in this ring. Neville, I see you have earned the right to be called the number 1 contender for my championship. I look forward to our battle at Summerslam but I want to warn you that The Demon is not going to take it easy on you. This will be a fight for your life.”

Brent Banks vs. Hallowicked
The bell rings and both men explode out of their corners. Hallowicked gets the early advantage after Banks misses a crossbody from the middle rope. Hallowicked picks Banks up and throws him into ropes and catches Banks with a back body drop. Hallowicked picks Banks up and hits Never Wake Up and goes for the cover. All of a sudden, Hallowicked is pulled out of the ring by Matt Taven. Hallowicked lands on his feet but as he turns around Taven plants Hallowicked with a hard elbow to the head, dropping him to the mat. The ref calls for the bell.
Winner by Disqualification: Hallowicked

Brent Banks freaks out and yells at the ref that he has nothing to do with this. Banks takes a second and launches himself through the ropes, taking Taven out with a suicide dive. Banks lands on his feet ready for more of a fight. Mike Bennett, TK O’Ryan and Vinny Marseglia jump the barricade. O’Ryan turns Banks inside out with a huge clothesline. Bennett picks Hallowicked up and rolls him onto the announce table and drives Hallowicked through it with The Miracle in Progress. The Kingdom quickly leaves through the crowd, leaving Hallowicked and Brent Banks out cold on the ground.

We go backstage with Renee Young. Renee: “I’m here with Anarchy. Anarchy, last week Becky Lynch set out a challenge for you tonight. What are your thoughts?” Anarchy: “My thoughts Renee? If Becky wanted me, all she had to do was ask.” Renee: “What are your feelings with defending your title at Summerslam against Sarah Logan?” Anarchy: “Honestly, she’s a joke. She doesn’t even compare to me, just like every other woman who as stepped up to me. I will kick her ass and send her to the hospital. If she…” Sarah Logan jumps Anarchy from behind, sending her into the wall behind Renee. Logan starts kicking Anarchy while she’s sitting against the wall. Anarchy manages to catch one of her legs and pushes her back. Logan goes at Anarchy again but Anarchy catches her with a kick to the midsection and drivers Logan head first into the wall. Logan stumbles back and Anarchy catches her with a DDT onto the bare floor. Anarchy picks Logan up by the hair and drags her over to the catering table. Anarchy smashes Logan's head off of the table. As Logan comes back up, she throws some sort of powder in Anarchy’s eyes and sets Anarchy up for a Powerbomb. From out of nowhere, Lynch hits a low shoulder to Logan’s leg, forcing her to drop Anarchy. Lynch hits Logan with The Bex-plex, sending her through the table. Anarchy and Lynch stand face-to-face. Lynch: “Don’t worry about tonight. Get yourself checked out.” Lynch walks off while Anarchy is trying to clean her eyes out.

Finn Balor vs. Cody Rhodes
Before the ref rings the bell, Balor rushes Rhodes and catches him with a shotgun dropkick sending him crashing into the corner back first. Balor takes a few steps back and plants Rhodes with a dropkick. Balor rolls Rhodes out of the corner and climbs up top for The Coup De Grace. Somehow, Rhodes gets to the corner and causes Balor to lose his footing. Rhodes climbs to the top rope and hits a Superplex. Rhodes picks Balor up and connects with The Cross Rhodes and goes for the cover, 1…2… but Balor manages to kick out at a close count. Rhodes forces Balor up and catches him with an elbow to the head. Balor stumbles back just enough and Rhodes catches him with a step up enzuigiri. As Balor is getting to his feet, Rhodes connects with The Disaster Kick. Rhodes goes for yet another cover, 1…2… but again Balor digs down deep and kicks out at a close count. Balor uses the ropes to get to his feet. Rhodes comes in for a clothesline but Balor ducks under it and pulls down the top rope, sending Rhodes over the top rope to the outside. Balor climbs out on the apron and plants a running kick to the chest of Rhodes. Balor rolls Rhodes back in the ring and connects with The 1916 but Balor doesn’t go for the cover. He climbs up top and connects with The Coup De Grace and makes the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner: Finn Balor

After the match, Neville and Jack Gallagher make their way down to the ring. They push Rhodes out of the ring and Neville calls for the mic. Neville: “I know that we are going to battle in just under a week, but I want you to know Finn Balor, that as long as The Bullet Club tries to have their way here on RAW, we have a common enemy and I think that The Gentleman, The Demon and The King of the Cruiserweights will give these wannabes a run for their money. But first Finn Balor, do not take me lightly at Summerslam because I am out for blood and you are in my way.” We go off the air with Neville and Balor staring at each other.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top