Nitro #116 - July, Week #3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nitro #116 - July, Week #3

Post  John Greatrix on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:49 pm

Roman Reigns’ music hits and the arena is filled with boos as he appears on the stage with a smile and makes his way to the ring. Reigns: “Last week, you saw me get my ass kicked. But if anyone here thinks that I’m going to back down from this you are sadly mistaken. This is my yard and there isn’t anyone bigger or nastier than me. So, if Mass Genocide has to come to this ring and beat me up once again then bring it. I know that you are too cowardly to do the job yourself.” Several seconds pass before Charles Offord and Lana appear on the stage. Offord: “Roman Reigns…Roman Reigns…everyone knows that Samoans have hard heads but yours is the thickest I’ve run into. I told you last week that you don’t bite the hand that feeds you and if you did then another life lesson was to come your way. However, Mass Genocide is not here tonight but don’t worry Roman. I may not have my two monsters but I do have a beast and tonight you Roman Reigns will face Brock Lesnar.” The fans erupt at the news as Offord and Lana walk backstage.

Alexa Bliss w/Charlotte Flair vs. Ember Moon
Bliss and Moon have put on a good 20 minute match and the fans are showing their appreciation as they are all on their feet. Moon has Bliss on the ropes and starts landing some vicious chest slaps that has the crowd “wooing” with each one. Charlotte is losing it on the outside and climbs onto the apron to distract the ref. A female jumps the security barrier and attacks Charlotte. Bliss is in the ring and is completely unaware that Moon is on the top rope waiting for her to turn around. Bliss turns around right into The Eclipse (Diving Corkscrew Stunner). The ref turns around to see Moon covering Bliss and starts the count, 1…2…3.
Winner: Ember Moon

Moon is in the ring as the other woman slides into the ring. The woman removes her hood and it’s Carmella! Carmella and Ember Moon look at the downed Alexa Bliss, nod and then exit the ring.

Jojo is in the back with Samoa Joe. Jojo: “Samoa Joe, last week everyone was shocked to see you on Nitro. Why have you come here?” Joe: “Nitro seems to be where all the big boys come to play and it’s the show with the World Title. I have one mission on this show and that’s to take home the World Title. So AJ Styles, watch your back. The destroyer is coming for your title.”

The Authors of Pain are in the ring. Rezar: “We came to this show in search of the Tag Team Titles. So if anyone in the back wants to come to this ring then come on down.” Nothing happens for several minutes. Akam looks to speak then the lights go out. “Ohhhhhhhhhh Edmonton! Don’t you dare be sour. Clllap for your former US Champs and feel the powa! It’s a new day yes it is.” The New Day appears on the stage and has the entire arena clapping and cheering them on. Woods: “The two of you come to Nitro and demand teams fight you. But what you didn’t count on was The New Day being on Nitro.” Kingston: “This is our show and the road to the tag team titles runs though us.” Big E: “We are The New Day and we accept your challenge. But be prepared to lose BECAUSE…New Day rocks…New Day rocks…New Day rocks.

The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Big E) w/Xavier Woods vs. The Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) w/Paul Ellering
The New Day isn’t joking around tonight and have been taking it to The Authors of Pain with frequent tags. The Authors of Pain took the momentum away when Akam held down the ropes when Kingston was whipped into them causing him to fall to the outside. Kingston is slow to his feet and once there is floored by Akam with a big boot. Akam slides Kingston into the ring where Rezar goes for a cover, 1…2… but Kingston gets a shoulder up at the very last second. Akam is tagged in, whips Kingston into a neutral cover and crushes him with a running splash. The crowd starts chanting for The New Day. Kingston is whipped into the corner again but dodges the splash and then connects with a diving dropkick that has both men on the mat. The ref starts the count and at 8 both men are on their feet and throwing punches. Kingston ducks a punch, dives and tags in Big E who goes on a rampage. Both members of The Authors of Pain are in the ring. Rezar is on the receiving end of multiple punches and is then clotheslined over the top rope. Akam looks to catch Big E off guard but is grabbed and receives a belly-to-belly suplex. Big E stands in the ring as the crowd cheers him on. Akam is picked up by Big E and hit with The Big Ending then Big E goes for the cover, 1…2…3.
Winners: The New Day

Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman vs. Roman Reigns
We return from commercial break to see Lesnar standing over a bloodied and beaten Roman Reigns. Lesnar is telling Reigns to get up then starts slapping him when he tries. Lesnar then hauls Reigns to his feet and hits an F5 but doesn’t go for the cover. Heyman starts smiling as Lesnar slides out of the ring. Reigns slowly starts to move and tries to get to his feet. Lesnar slides into the ring and hits another F5 this time leaving Reigns motionless on the mat. Again Lesnar slides out of the ring and this time he and Heyman start walking up the ramp. No one has any idea as to what is happening as the ref starts the 10 count. Lesnar makes no effort to get back into the ring and is counted out.
Winner by Count Out: Roman Reigns

Lesnar and Heyman reach the top of the ramp where a camera is close by. We can hear Heyman look to the camera and say “Mr. Offord, my client would like to say something to you.” The camera pans to Lesnar where he flips the camera off with both hands. The two men then walk backstage with the camera returning to the downed Reigns who is announced the winner.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top