Raw #138 - June, Week #5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raw #138 - June, Week #5

Post  John Greatrix on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:33 pm

We start the show with Becky Lynch in the ring. Becky: “Last night, I was so close to winning the Women's Title but Anarchy cheated and held my tights for the 3 count.” We show video footage from last night of Anarchy grabbing the tights and getting the win. Becky: “This is not fair. I try to have fair fights but it always seems someone is willing to cheat for what they want. Anarchy, if you have any dignity at all, you will put that title up tonight and have a fair match.” Just then, Nikki Cross’ music hits and she comes out on the stage. Nikki: “Come on, Becky. You lost. Let’s move to the back of the line. Everyone knows that I’m next in line for a shot at that title. I am the woman who brought that title to Raw after beating Sasha Banks which is something that you have troubles doing.” Becky: “Why don’t you come down here and I’ll show you just how good I am.” Nikki: “Come on Becky, I’ve already beat you once. What makes you so sure I want to take you on?” Cross turns to leave but Edge comes out on the stage. Edge: “Ladies, ladies, ladies. Let’s make this simple. Tonight, Becky Lynch and Nikki Cross will wrestle for the number one contender spot for the Women’s Title.” Edge walks to the back leaving Cross and Lynch yelling at each other.

Hallowicked vs. Johnny Mundo
This is a great match. Mundo gets grounded early after Hallowicked catches him with a dropkick to his knee. Hallowicked stays on Mundo, not giving him a chance to breath. As Mundo gets to his feet, Hallowicked connects with a Yakuza Kick, nearly taking Mundo’s head off. Hallowicked quickly locks in The Chikara Special in the middle of the ring. Mundo tries to fight out of it but it’s no use. Mundo taps out.
Winner: Hallowicked

After the match, Oyster’s music hits and he comes out to the ring. Oyster is bandaged up as he gets into the ring with Hallowicked. They stare at each other for a moment then Oyster gets close and says something to Hallowicked. Hallowicked nods his head. Oyster nods and rolls out of the ring and heads to the back.

Cody Rhodes vs. Finn Balor (c) (Cruiserweight Title Match)
As soon as the bell rings, Balor and Rhodes go all out. Rhodes goes for The Disaster Kick but Balor is ready for it and connects with a dropkick as Rhodes comes off the ropes. Balor picks up Rhodes and connects with The 1916 and goes for the cover, 1…2… but Rhodes manages to kick out at 2. Rhodes manages to get to his feet while fending off Balor and catches Balor with a thumb to the eye. Balor stumbles backwards holding his eye. Rhodes goes off the ropes and connects with The Disaster Kick. Rhodes goes for the cover but Balor manages to kick out at a close 2 count. Rhodes picks Balor up and tosses him into the corner. Rhodes runs in to deliver a clothesline but Balor rolls out of the way and when Rhodes turns around, Balor connects with the Shotgun Dropkick sending Rhodes into the corner. Rhodes takes a few steps out of the corner and Balor connects with the Sling Blade. Balor climbs up top and hits The Coup de Grace and goes for the cover, 1…2…3.
Winner and STILL Cruiserweight Champion: Finn Balor

After the match, Kenny Omega rushes down to the ring and attacks Balor from behind and connects with The Rain Trigger (Ripcord Jumping Knee). Rhodes picks Balor up and hits The Cross Rhodes. Rhodes and Omega keep beating down Balor. Rhodes picks up the belt and holds it high above is head as the crowd boos. From the back, Jack Gallagher rushes down to the ring and pulls Omega out of the ring by his feet and lands a right hand, dropping him to the ground. Gallagher slides into the ring and goes at Rhodes. Rhodes drops the belt and rolls out of the ring. We go to commercial break with Gallagher staring down Rhodes.

Nikki Cross vs. Becky Lynch
As Lynch is making her way to the ring, Cross jumps her from behind and the two women start fighting before they even get to the ring. Lynch manages to block a few right hands and levels Cross with a stiff right of her own. Lynch rolls Cross into the ring and the ref rings the bell. As soon as the bell rings, Lynch locks in The Dis-arm-her but Cross is able to get to the ropes. Lynch breaks the lock at a 4 count. Lynch picks Cross up and goes for The Bec-Plex but Cross blocks it and hits a belly-to-belly suplex of her own. Cross picks Lynch up and connects with a Samoan driver and goes for the cover, 1…2… Lynch kicks out at a two count. Lynch uses the ropes to get to her feet. Just as she stands up, Cross connects with a clothesline and takes Lynch over the ropes to the outside. Cross follows her out and keeps attacking her. Cross picks Lynch up and smashes her head against the ring apron several times. Cross hits the Swinging Fisherman Suplex on the outside. Cross rolls Lynch back into the ring and goes for the cover, 1…2… but somehow Lynch manages to kick out at a close count. Lynch manages to get to her feet. Cross throws an elbow but Lynch catchers her and hits The Bec-Plex and locks in The Dis-arm-her. Cross manages to drag Lynch to the ropes but before Cross can reach the ropes, Lynch pulls her back to the centre of the ring. Cross has no choice but to tap out.
Winner and NEW Women’s Number One Contender: Becky Lynch

We go off the air with Becky Lynch celebrating in the ring while standing over Nikki Cross.

John Greatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top